Feb 10, 2009

commuting adventures...

im using my current mountain bike to get to and from work, well with road tires, rolls pretty good, im avg'in 15-17 mph... except for today, on the way out to work, the wind was 30+ mph, very strong, so about 10-13 mph is all i could go, heartrate was in the 160s - 170s too.. sigh

on my way home, almost home, less than .210 miles from home, the chain came out of the big ring and slipped, sending me to a wobbly nut landing that reminded me of the 03 tour de france when lance falls.. seriously, there have been many many many manyyyyy crashes in my cycling career, but this one suprised me because no crash occurred.. one way or another i saved it.

a note about mcallen people, more so the ones that live around the 2nd street area, "rich neighborhoods". i use part of the hike and bike to get back home, and my light seems to bother them. ive gotten a shit load of dirty looks from people. i want to tell them "if i can't fucking see you im going to fucking hit you and that will really hurt you, so just look away so ur retinas dont burn!!!"

tomorrow is another day..

-ed

10 comments:

  1. Hey Eddie,
    I think that's great that you're riding to work. As for the lights, you should get the brightest lights like the Niterider Storm and make sure it shines on them... teehee!

    But I have one question that comes to mind.... do you get to take a shower at work from the stinky ride?? Muahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was M to the M!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed -- regarding your comment on my blog...for some reason, i get an error message "cannot detect a feed" for your blog when I add it to the layout. I removed your blog, added it again, and got the same message. Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ed -- you don't need to shower. Extra deodorant and baby wipes for your stinky a** is all you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe no worries... i shower before i go to work, dont really sweat and i think i smell pretty good!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you! Me & my typos...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're going to have to start riding with a cup on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahahaha no shit huh! im glad i didn't actually land on a nut.. but rather the nuts were to the side.. phewwww..

    ReplyDelete