Sep 14, 2011

Will it ever be enough? Hoarding and Whoring

What is it about a true cyclists thirst for cycling stuff that deems "the cyclist" a borderline hoarder? Not sure what the answer to that is, as my own experience forces me to save everything, old cables(you never know), old cassettes, chain rings(someday art will molded out of them by my hands), chains(cool bracelets, think the wife would like?), hell even old bar tape pieces have been saved. Why? I don't know.

If anyone can offer a clue as to why some of us collect this useless junk? Please elaborate here... Your opinions are truly welcomed.

Another weird thing about the "true cyclist" is our obsession with replacing our old stuff(whoring)! This due to financial limitations has been put to rest on my part, but there are still those who without having "pro contracts" seem to purchase the newest stuff all the time, my question is this, WHY? I wonder if they feel that shaving grams off a bike will give them 30 secs and bring them one step closer to that prize money, all 150 dollars worth. Winning for the sake of winning doesn't require all the latest "stuff" just ride faster than the other guy.

By the way here is my cycling wish list:(bikes only because if I include the other stuff(accessories), it would be too long)

 

And to be honest.. that's not even half of the bikes I really want... *sigh*

-ed

No comments:

Post a Comment